[linux-lvm] Problem enquiry

Sreevidya@tsm.ac.in sreevidya at tsm.ac.in
Thu Apr 6 08:30:31 UTC 2006

Respected Sir/Madam,

I am working as a lecturer in TSM,Madurai. We have a problem in our linux
system and we are unable to resolve the same.I request you to kindly help
me to resolve this.

We had an 18GB HDD previously in our institution on which the mail server
for our institution was configured. Due to the increased strength of mail
usage we had to extend the HDD to a larger one. We have a scussi HDD. We
then bought another HDD of 40GB capacity and with the ghost process we
transferred to the newer HDD.But still in that 40GB HDD we were able to
use only that 18GB  partition the rest of 22GB is still unusable.
Kindly tell us the way in which we can extend that 22GB with that of 18GB
so that the entire HDD can be used for this purpose.

Awaiting your response.

Thanking you,

Yours faithfully,
Sreevidya S