Re: [linux-lvm] Bad disk removal

On Thu, 2006-04-06 at 09:45 -0500, Jonathan E Brassow wrote:
> pvmove will ignore errors and copy as much as it can.  It will not
> retry failed sectors though.  pvmove basically mirrors the drives, so
> you can use the volume while the device is being copied.  When the copy
> is complete, pvmove breaks the mirror and leaves you with the LV
> remapped to the new device.

Really? I was sure the manpage said otherwise, but now that I look
again, it doesn't seem to be saying anything at all about it. Should it
not be amended to explain this?

By the way, what happens to the sectors on the new disk that corresponds
to the bad ones on the old disk, and would that affect only that sector
on the new disk, or the entire containing PE?

Fredrik Tolf