Re: [linux-lvm] LVM over IP network

On Friday 07 April 2006 07:59, rarulselvan sify com wrote:
> I do understand that LVM and EVMS are quite useful for managing the disk
> space in given work station. So I am wondering if there is such thing as
> LVM over IP network ? so that I can maximize my disk usage. If not, what is
> my other choice ?
Why not?  Using iSCSI or ATAoE you can export the extra space from each of the
system as devices that will appear to be block devices.  From there you can
add them to a vg anytime you want.  Just be careful how you do it because if
one of the systems goes off the network you will not have access to the data
from that drive.  Also I'm not so sure how well LVM deals with having a drive
dissappear out from underneath it.

--
Zac Slade
krakrjak volumehost net