Re: [linux-lvm] LVM over IP network

Hi,
I have 10 Dell workstation on a LAN. Each  workstation has 80
GB hard drive. Two workstations consumed most of the disk space and
remaining eight workstations still has plenty of disk space unused.

What I want basically, if I could just collect those 800 GB
excess space (not utilized) and assign it to the work stations starving
for disk space. Is this achievable through LVM or EVMS?
I would never do something like this. You make each workstation dependent on all the other workstations. If one of them is turned off, crashes, dies, etc. your other workstations lose their data. Disks are cheap these days. Just buy an extra drive for the workstations that need it.

Good luck,
Sander