[linux-lvm] multiple snapshots and deactivate

Hi,

Our system RHEL4:
	# uname -r
	2.6.9-22.EL
	# rpm -qa | grep lvm
	system-config-lvm-1.0.16-1.0
	lvm2-2.02.01-1.3.RHEL4

We would like to make up to 8 snapshots/day of the same original LV.
To be able to keep all the snapshots for an entire day, we thougt that we could deactivate a snapshot before creating a new active one.

----current VG/LV config----
# lvdisplay
  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vg1/lv1
  VG Name                vg1
  LV UUID                SjIv1d-XedO-o9mZ-7EKa-zNcj-bX6m-BhfAZQ
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV snapshot status     source of
                         /dev/vg1/snap1 [active]
  LV Status              available
  # open                 1
  LV Size                3.16 GB
  Current LE             810
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           253:0

  --- Logical volume ---
  LV Name                /dev/vg1/snap1
  VG Name                vg1
  LV UUID                U7DjZJ-HTDZ-5L0P-QxWD-moxK-KqRG-o03wQf
  LV Write Access        read/write
  LV snapshot status     active destination for /dev/vg1/lv1
  LV Status              available
  # open                 0
  LV Size                3.16 GB
  Current LE             810
  COW-table size         424.00 MB
  COW-table LE           106
  Allocated to snapshot  47.46%
  Snapshot chunk size    8.00 KB
  Segments               1
  Allocation             inherit
  Read ahead sectors     0
  Block device           253:3

Using lvchange to deactivate the current snapshot reports errors:-(

# lvchange -v -an /dev/vg1/snap1
    Using logical volume(s) on command line
  Can't change snapshot logical volume "snap1"

Are we missing something?