Re: [linux-lvm] Archive Question

Alasdair G Kergon wrote:
On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 02:26:58PM -0700, John DeFranco wrote:
/etc/ is a local writeable filesystem. I believe this occurs when I'm issuing a vgchange --addtag and/or vgchange -a y. I have scripts scripts that are executing these commands but nothing that should be done in parallel.
And you have default locking enabled?
  locking_type = 1  locking_dir = "/var/lock/lvm"
  in lvm.conf with /var also local

Yes to all.

Perhaps there's some race in the backup file code:
It would be useful to have a list of all the lvm commands that might
possibly be executing against each other.
I'm trying to assemble that list.

Thanks.
--
Cheers