[linux-lvm] Joining physical volumes

For historical reasons, my hard drive has now 3 contiguous physical
partitions, all managed by LVM for the same volume group.

I'd like to get rid of this silliness and turn those 3 partitions into
just 1.  I don't have much/any extra space available and I'd rather not
have to resort to backup/format/restore.

Is there some clever way to do that?  Ideally, I should be able to do the
conversion without moving the actual data at all since the same sectors
will be available.

        Stefan