Re: [linux-lvm] Running LVM on shared lun's

On Thu, Aug 17, 2006 at 08:11:24AM +0400, Sid Polak wrote:
Luca Berra wrote:
On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 09:23:04AM -0700, David Chan wrote:
> >Don't think LVM is cluster aware. Doing so can potentially cause loss >of LV's/data due to metadata corruption on the LVM level. LVM2 supports cluster locking, either using internal locking which works
with CMAN or GULM, or by using an external locking library that can be
customized to work with every cluster software that supports locking of
resources.

And what about tags? Could I use hostname tag to activate LVs on one host OR
another host which hostname is equal to the tag? That is not failover but
it could reduce recovery time after the failure of one of the hosts. Isn't it?

yes.

L.

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it