Re: [linux-lvm] Best way to image devices in an LVM environment

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 07:48:43PM +0000, Andy Smith wrote:
> that lvm2 has had pvresize since 2.02.00 so if I upgrade userland
> tools (my kernel is 2.6.16.19) then would I just need to do a
> pvresize after expanding the block device that my single pv/vg is
> on?
Would it not be easier to just replace with a larger disk - mirror to the same size, and
have another partition afterwards.

You end up with 2pvs (both mirrored, I would expect), rather than the "nicer" answer of a
single pv, but as long as the whole thing is then controlled through LVM is there really any
loss as a result?

Graham