[linux-lvm] How to calculate the smallest disk partition need by a file system in LVM

Hi, All

As we know, a file system reserved some space for itself. So if we need a 1G file system, I have to create a disk partition a little bigger than 1G to contain this file system.

I found the size of a physical volume is a little smaller than that of the disk partition where the PV related to. That because the PV might to store some metadata that occupy some space. So does the LV to the PV.

My problem is if I want a 1G size file system in a LV, what the smallest size of the disk partition. How to calculate it?

Thanks ahead.

James