Re: [linux-lvm] Problem with lvm2 snapshot filling up on fc4

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 08:01:50AM +0200, Marcel Gsteiger wrote:
> I have a big problem. I did backups using LVM snapshots on my fc4 box
> (2.6.15-1). Now a snapshot filled to 100%. Since then, I cannot do anything
> anymore either with this snapshot nor with the original volume. lvremove always
> hangs with a message waiting for /var/lock/lvm/V_vg00 . Rebooting does not help
> either.

Fascinating.  I've reproduced something similar to this with an up-to-date
kernel.

To work around this while we sort out what the problem is, boot your machine
*without* attempting to activate the logical volume concerned.
Then perform the lvremove on the snapshot (while origin and snapshot are
inactive).

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com