[linux-lvm] 'snapshot' target still experimental :-(

Imre Gergely imre.gergely at astral.ro
Thu Feb 2 13:17:40 UTC 2006

hi

i'm currently doing the following: every night (when there's not much i/o on
the server), i create a snapshot of one LV. the next day i remove this
snapshot, and create another one.
this worked without problems so far. a couple of months back i tried to create
more than one snapshot of one LV, and it didn't work out. it hang, got a kernel
panic, whatever.

i would like to try again with multiple snapshots (i don't plan to use those
snapshots, it's only for backup, if something gets deleted from the original
LV, i mount the last snapshot read-only, and get the files from it). has there
anything changed since?