[linux-lvm] pvcreate and Volume Id

Rodolpho rodolphopicolo at terra.com.br
Fri Feb 3 10:30:55 UTC 2006

      Hi All,

      I'm, for the first time, configuring LVM1 on slackware 10.2, and I
have one doubt.

      pvcreate sets the same Volume Id  for all hard disks?

      With a exemple:

      I have a server with 3 scsi hard disks: sda 32Gb, sdb 74Gb e sdc 74Gb.
I created a Physical Volume with sdb and sdc, because sda will not be an
lvm, so:

      pvcreate /dev/sdb

      pvcarete /dev/sdc

      When I turn on the server, lilo says that the Volume Id is duplicated,
which is true, and I confirmed with lilo -T vol-ID.

            Is there something wrong with my configuration or should I look
for something to treat my lilo???

Thanks, All

Rodolpho