Re: [linux-lvm] Accidental removal of logical volume - any way to salvage?

Many, many, many thanks. After sleeping for a few hours and eating a proper breakfast I managed to restore all of the lost data thanks to your hints.

Eternally thankful,
Martin

2006/2/5, Alasdair G Kergon <agk redhat com>:
On Sun, Feb 05, 2006 at 07:05:10PM +0100, Martin Lindquist wrote:
> The backup of /etc was done after running 'lvremove' and 'vgexport' so if I
> understand you correctly that won't do any good.

Take a look at your backup and check the comments in the files
in /etc/lvm/archive/<vgname>*

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com