[linux-lvm] removing bad PVs

Matthew Plante maplante at iol.unh.edu
Mon Feb 13 14:36:31 UTC 2006

The solution I ended up with was actually to add a new disk and make new PVs
with the same uuid, which wasn't exactly the solution I was going for, but
it ended up working out.  I wasn't able to get the --removemissing option in
vgreduce to work for the scenario I mentioned before.
The test scenario I was going for was an unexpected removal of a disk, where
I could remove the disk from the vg, and bring the vg back up in a
semi-working state, minus one disk/some data.

-- Matt

+--
|Matthew Plante
| University of New Hampshire