[linux-lvm] Volume Groups and Clusters

Jeff Hardy hardyjm at potsdam.edu
Fri Feb 24 19:22:08 UTC 2006

I played around with this kind of setup for awhile, and found that there
was no need to vgchange -an on the "Other nodes" when I was making
changes on the "Admin node."  I was also able to make volume changes on
two Admin nodes at the same time.  I figured I was probably just
extremely lucky to win some extremely dangerous race conditions, so I
wouldn't do it in production.  I assume the cluster extensions to LVM
(CLVM) are what allow multiple Admin actions on multiple Admin nodes?

Anyway, just some friendly advice: follow the docs :)