[linux-lvm] lvextend - device-mapper: create ioctl failed: Device or resource busy\nFailed to suspend

Zac Slade krakrjak at volumehost.net
Tue Feb 28 20:50:08 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 05:02, Daniel wrote:
> Guessing the additional info didn't help and there is no easy way to reset
> the state.
Not really unfortunately.  I have been thinking about this a lot though.  I've
never seen it and I'm not sure what the next move really is.  Someone did
suggest (and sorry for not posting sooner) that you should run lsof
against /dev/mapper/control and see if something is keeping it open.

> I'm going to use spare space to create a new logical volume and move data
> across and delete the wacky vg-backup unless any other bright ideas arise
> soon.
Hopefully this will work.  I guess you were able to remove an lv previously so
you shouldn't have an issue doing this.  One thing you didn't answer (and I
didn't ask) is if you had problems extending any other lvs.  The output of
all the tools show the devices in a good state, so to me it just doesn't make
sense.  Try the lsof bit and see if anything interesting shows up.
--
Zac Slade
krakrjak at volumehost.net
ICQ:1415282 YM:krakrjak AIM:ttyp99