[linux-lvm] How can I expand a physical volume ?

Massimiliano max.fontana at email.it
Wed Jan 4 10:35:44 UTC 2006

Luca Berra ha scritto:

> On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 09:12:53AM +0100, Massimiliano wrote:
>
>> Hi !
>

> two ways, either create a new partition with the free space,
> pvcreate it and vgextend your volume group
> or
> edit your partition table and make the 2nd partition bigger.
> (you might need to reboot here)
> then

Did what you suggested (following the first solution) . Now vgdisplay
shows me :
VG Name               VolGroup00
  System ID
  Format                lvm2
  Metadata Areas        2
  Metadata Sequence No  12
  VG Access             read/write
  VG Status             resizable
  MAX LV                0
  Cur LV                2
  Open LV               2
  Max PV                0
  Cur PV                2
  Act PV                2
  VG Size               203,34 GB
  PE Size               32,00 MB
  Total PE              6507
  Alloc PE / Size       4336 / 135,50 GB
  Free  PE / Size       2171 / 67,84 GB
  VG UUID               hVHrwV-Dt53-wbGa-ZwHQ-ZWcX-t5Tm-vQIVUu

How can I Allocate now the Free PE /Size ? The filesystem available
space is still 135 GB...
Thanks
Max (Italy)