Re: [linux-lvm] How can I expand a physical volume ?

Luca Berra ha scritto:

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 09:12:53AM +0100, Massimiliano wrote:

Hi !

two ways, either create a new partition with the free space,
pvcreate it and vgextend your volume group
or
edit your partition table and make the 2nd partition bigger.
(you might need to reboot here)
then

Did what you suggested (following the first solution) . Now vgdisplay shows me :
VG Name               VolGroup00
 System ID
 Format                lvm2
 Metadata Areas        2
 Metadata Sequence No  12
 VG Access             read/write
 VG Status             resizable
 MAX LV                0
 Cur LV                2
 Open LV               2
 Max PV                0
 Cur PV                2
 Act PV                2
 VG Size               203,34 GB
 PE Size               32,00 MB
 Total PE              6507
 Alloc PE / Size       4336 / 135,50 GB
 Free  PE / Size       2171 / 67,84 GB
 VG UUID               hVHrwV-Dt53-wbGa-ZwHQ-ZWcX-t5Tm-vQIVUu

How can I Allocate now the Free PE /Size ? The filesystem available space is still 135 GB...
Thanks
Max (Italy)