Re: [linux-lvm] How can I expand a physical volume ?

On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 11:35:44AM +0100, Massimiliano wrote:
Luca Berra ha scritto:

On Thu, Dec 29, 2005 at 09:12:53AM +0100, Massimiliano wrote:

Hi !

two ways, either create a new partition with the free space,
pvcreate it and vgextend your volume group
or
edit your partition table and make the 2nd partition bigger.
(you might need to reboot here)
then

Did what you suggested (following the first solution) . Now vgdisplay
How can I Allocate now the Free PE /Size ? The filesystem available space is still 135 GB...

lvextend to increas the size of the logical volume,

then, the tool to resize whatever filesystem you have on that
resize2fs/ext2resize/ext2online (EXT2/EXT3)
resize_reiserfs/mount -o remount,resize (REISER)
xfs_growfs (XFS)
mount -o remount,resize (JFS)

Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.