[linux-lvm] Interesting snapshot issue.

I'm having an interesting issue with snapshots.  I'm running the following:

  linux 2.6.14 (gentoo-r5)
    (which I believe contains the DM in the stock 2.6.14 kernel).
  lvm2 2.01.14

My filesystems are xfs, and I'm trying to make backups of snapshots using
xfsdump.

What I do to backup:

  - Make a snapshot: lvcreate -L 2G -s -n homesnap /dev/vg/home
  - Mount it       : mount -t xfs -o nouuid /dev/vg/homesnap /mnt/snap/home
  - Do an md5-type capture on /mnt/snap/home, result in /home/0sure.gz
  - Copy /home/0sure.gz to /mnt/snap/home
  - xfsdump /mnt/snap/home.

I've not had any problems with any of the files in the backup, except for
the integrity files that I copied to the snapshot.  They are frequently
corrupted, but curiously I've only seen it on my 'var' partition.

I was just wondering if this is part of the known issues with snapshots, or
if I should be investigating further to try to figure out what is wrong.

Dave