[linux-lvm] Additional snapshot issue.

David Brown lvm at davidb.org
Sat Jan 21 18:02:37 UTC 2006

One other snapshot issue...

I'm having an interesting issue with snapshots.  I'm running the following:

  linux 2.6.14 (gentoo-r5)
    (which I believe contains the DM in the stock 2.6.14 kernel).
  lvm2 2.01.14

Backup is of the snapshot.

The problem: I'm finding that if I backup the snapshot, and certain files
are modified, usually database-type files (cyrus-imapd's databases and the
likes), they files on the snapshots see some modifications.  I have not
been able to reproduce this with my own databases, so I don't know what is
going on.

Again the question I would ask is if this is part of the known issue, or
should I investigate further.

Thanks,
David Brown