[linux-lvm] file descriptor 3 left open

I keep seeing "file descriptor 3 left open" at boot after the initrd is loaded.  The systems boots to the 2.6.9-22.0.1 kernel and works fine.  I have ran fsck against all filesystems however the error messages still appears.  I noticed that when I run system-config-lvm these errors are more predominant.

File descriptor 13 left open
File descriptor 3 left open
File descriptor 4 left open
File descriptor 8 left open
File descriptor 9 left open
File descriptor 10 left open
File descriptor 11 left open
File descriptor 12 left open
File descriptor 13 left open
File descriptor 3 left open
File descriptor 4 left open
File descriptor 8 left open
File descriptor 9 left open
File descriptor 10 left open
File descriptor 11 left open
File descriptor 12 left open
File descriptor 13 left open

I recently installed the new kernel 2.6.9-22.0.2 but the system does not find kernel at boot.  I think the file descriptor messages are a symptom to some greater problem.  Please help.

thank you!

Nayan