[linux-lvm] pvcreate and Volume Id

      Hi All,

      I’m, for the first time, installing LVM1 on slackware 10.2, and I one doubt.

      pvcreate sets the same Volume Id  for all hard drives?

      With a exemple:

      I have a server with 3 scsi hard drives: sda 32Gb, sdb 74Gb e sdc 74Gb. I created a Physical Volume with sdb and sdc, because sda will not be an lvm, so:

      pvcreate /dev/sdb

      pvcarete /dev/sdc

      When I turn on the server, lilo says that the Volume Id is duplicated, which is true, and I confirmed with lilo –T vol-ID.

Thanks, All

Rodolpho