[linux-lvm] while file system?

I'm building a disk server for a small company.  I'm using the standard
"RAID-array-as-PV" setup, and planning to grow the filesystem as needs
demand.  I'd like to use a filesystem that supports online grow and
online shrink.

XFS, JFS, and Reiser3 all support unlimited online grow but no shrink
at all.

Looks like Ext3 supports online grow, but only up to +16 GB, which
makes it useless on modern disks, much less arrays of modern disks....
Looks like offline grow & shrink are unlimited, which is good.  Lots of
old (unmaintained?) tools and kernel patches here, but lots of recent
activity too.  What's the current status?

--
Sebastian Kuzminsky