[linux-lvm] questions on LVM2 and device mapper

Hi , All !

A couple of questions on LVM2 and device mapper :

1. How corresponds logical devices in DM and  logical volumes in LVM2 ?
 are they the same things ?

2. In LVM1 some I/O statistics were available for a LV (using ioctl we could see reads/writes for each allocated PE in LV structure) . Is there such thing in LVM2 ? How can I get a number of reads/writes for a LV ?

Thanks

Alexey Shinkin