[linux-lvm] Questions on LVM2 and device mapper

Hi , All !

A couple of questions on LVM2 and device mapper :

1. How corresponds logical devices in DM and  logical volumes in LVM2 ?
  are they the same things ?

2. In LVM1 some I/O statistics were available for a LV (using ioctl we could see reads/writes for
 each allocated PE in LV structure) . Is there such thing in LVM2 ?  How can I get a  numbe of reads/writes for a LV ?

Thanks

Alexey Shinkin

This email is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above and may contain information that is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly prohibited. If you have received this Email in error, please notify us immediately by return email or telephone +61 2 9966 1066 and destroy the original message. Thank You