From: linux-lvm-bounces redhat com on behalf of Robbie Coss
Sent: Mon 10/07/2006 21:55
To: linux-lvm redhat com
Subject: [linux-lvm] LVM2 maximum logical volume size help

Hi,

I am currently running RHEL4 update 3  (kernel 2.6.9-34.0.2.EL), and
using LVM2 and the ext3 filesystem.

I need to know what is the maximum logical volume size I can create. From
the LVM2 Howto, the max size is stated to be 8 exebytes. However, the
Red Hat doc says that the max filesystem size for ext3 is 8 TB.

I am guessing that means I am limited to 8 TB if I want to use ext3 ???

If so, then are there other filesystems I can use to overcome this limit. I
want
to be able to create volumes at least up to 100TB. Is there anything
included
with the Red Hat release that would be a good choice? Or anything free not
included with Red Hat? Or anything commercial?

Thanks in advance for any help or opinions.
Robbie