[linux-lvm] SAN setup with host mirrored disks

Title: SAN setup with host mirrored disks

Hi,

I'm relatively new to SAN setup with linux boxes, so maybe this is a very easy question. Today I set up a linux box with two qlogic hbas, each one is connected to a EMC Clarion. So I got two disks (/dev/sda and /dev/sdb) from my storages that I have to mirror on the host system. There is on mirror set up in the san environment!

How can I set up mirroring of the two disks if I want to use lvm for the ease of later disk expansion? If I use raidtools (md-stuff) will it be possible to expand the two disks and the logical disk without data loss? What are the needed steps if I have to increase the disk space? First expand the md devices through raidreconf and then expand the volume group and file system? As far as I read the man pages raidreconf only works with raid 0 and 5. It seems to me as if I'm not on the right lane...

Is it possible to use lvm for mirroring physical volumes? If this is possible I expect that this will be the better solution.

Hope someone can tell me about his experiences with such an scenario.

Ciao
Daniel