Re: [linux-lvm] lvm2 volumes not available on boot

Jason Keltz wrote:
> I have what is probably a very simple question concerning lvm2.    If I
> create an lvm2 volume, and reboot, I no longer see the volume.  The
> system startup scripts do "vgchange -a y", but if I do this by hand, I get:
>
> No volume groups found

I observed this for my SuSE system, too. I found, LVM was compiled as
a module, but it was not loaded when system startup initialized lvm :-(
I managed to push loading of LVM into initrd. Thus it gets loaded
very early and even may mount root from LVM. Either start mkinitrd
manually with the informations to load LVM, or declare the LVM module
within some config file to get it into initrd.

For SuSE it's in: /etc/sysconfig/kernel.

Dieter.