Re: [linux-lvm] FS labels and LVM2

Oliver Tennert wrote:
am I wrong or does mount per FS label not work when the filesystem in question is located on a logical volume? We're using a 2.6.11 kernel and a SUSE 9.3 distro, so it might be just a question of using the most current kernel.

At least, a "mount -a" when a "LABEL=test" entry is in fstab, leads to the error:

mount: special device LABEL=test does not exist

But it exists:

localhost:/var/log # xfs_admin -l /dev/mapper/vucf0002vg-fs2
label = "test"

Any idea?

It does not work any more :-(

mount looks into /dev/partition to find the names of the
devices to scan. Unfortunately the LV names listed here can't
be found under /dev, as they are simply enumerated like "dm-12".

On the other hand: once you have LVM, you don't need no disk
labels any more, as your LVs have expressive names already!

Dieter.