Re: [linux-lvm] How Can I modify the mapping PE to LE??

조완근 wrote:
Hello, I'm at the beginning to use LVM in my machine.

Could you give any information on the implementation details of LVM and device mapper?? More specifically, I want to change the "mapping between PE and LE" for some purposes, however I'm just finished to read the manual of LVM-HowTO. This means that I'm totally a newbie in LVM and device-mapper. I just read some codes on data ... I'll use LVM for this purpose - I would like to make a program to change the mapping relationship between PE and LE in my own. In fact, the program's goal is to move an extent in a bad disk to a disk with good performance. The movement is done by the extent. In order to do it, I definitely, have to know how I can modify the mapping and maybe, the entire structure of LVM and device mapper.

Hmm, are you realy finished to read the manual :-)

Sounds to me like you reinvent the "pvmove" command.
This is not "some purpose" but a central task
LVM performs for you on demand!

regards, Dieter.