Re: [linux-lvm] Right way to resize LVM Volume on SAN?

On Thu, Jun 08, 2006 at 04:06:10PM +0200, Alen Salamun wrote:
Thank you. I read that already. And since it only says:

"Expand the PV on /dev/sda1 AFTER enlarging the partition with fdisk"

my question is related on part of enlarging partition with fdisk. Do I have to do it in described way (delete, create new with extended last sector) to preserve data or is there any other "less destructive look-a-like" way?

sfdisk for backing up your partition table
parted to resize

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.