RE: [linux-lvm] Problem creating snapshots with 2.6.16.9 and LVM2.02.06

Hi Alasdair,

Thanks for the quick response.

I killed the uDev process that was running and retried it.  The snapshot was
created without any problems.  It looks like this is another example of the
interaction of uDev and LVM.

I followed the Debian bug reference that you gave.  The change in
/etc/udev.rules that was recommended works for me too:

Failing line:
	KERNEL=="dm-[0-9]*",           NAME=""

Working line:
	KERNEL=="dm-[0-9]*",           OPTIONS+="ignore_device"

This seems to keep uDev out of LVM's way, and LVM now works fine.

There seemed to a bit of discussion on the Debian bug tracker regarding
exactly where the problem is, so if there are any logs you would like or
similar then let me know.

Thanks and best regards,

Roger