Re: [linux-lvm] lvm and fstab

Cristian Livadaru wrote:
On Thu, Jun 29, 2006 at 04:10:31PM +0200, ThomasC. wrote:
Hi,

I am using RHEL3.
I have been reading the LVM howto and it is very clear but i am missing something anyways. During the setup with DiskDruid i created a Volume group and two logical volumes.
One LV for /opt and another one for /stage.
After rebooting the OS i don't have any /stage partition.

lvscan
lvscan -- ACTIVE            "/dev/Volume00/LogVol00" [19.53 GB]
lvscan -- ACTIVE            "/dev/Volume00/LogVol01" [19.53 GB]
lvscan -- 2 logical volumes with 39.06 GB total in 1 volume group
lvscan -- 2 active logical volumes

But the fstab doesn't point to any Logical volume:

The fstab contains
LABEL=/1                /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
/dev/cciss/c0d0p3       swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

and a df -h returns

[root Pearl remarkit]# df -h
/dev/cciss/c0d0p4     9.7G  2.4G  6.8G  27% /
/dev/cciss/c0d0p1      97M   14M   78M  15% /boot
none                  1.9G     0  1.9G   0% /dev/shm

So i don't understand what is really inside the logical volumes are they "empty" right now?

I don't know what Diskdruid does since I don't know RH but you have to
enter the mount points manualy in fstab or mount the partitions manualy
you could do a mount /dev/Volume00/LogVol00 /opt and then you should
have what you want.

Best Regards, Cristian Livadaru
Thats what i thought but the weird thing is that i can already access /opt so i am not very enthusiastic trying to mount it again....