Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 intergrated 'native' mirroring support ?

On 3/6/06, Barnaby Claydon <bclaydon volved com> wrote:
> Apparently there are a couple of new developments regarding the mirror
> LVs you mention.
>
> I found some interesting details from Redhat:
>
> http://developer.osdl.org/dev/clusters/docs/cluster_summit_mirror_paper.pdf

Ok, so if I understand correctly: LVM2 *still* requires device-mapper
but the mirroring functionality is integrated into the current CVS
version of LVM2, which not only makes LVM2 aware of the mirrors but
also removes the need for making the mirror copies 'outside' of the
logical volume manager.

Cool.

Sincerely,

John Smith.