Re: [linux-lvm] cleaning archive directory

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 11:49:21AM +0100, Olle Liljenzin wrote:
> Is the directory /etc/lvm/archive supposed to be cleaned up manually or
> should it be done by some tool?

> I find parameters like 'retain_min' and 'retain_days' in the file
> /etc/lvm.conf, which I thought was indicating some kind of automatic
> cleaning tool or process.

They should normally get cleaned up automatically.

The parameters apply to each VG separately, and the checks are made
whenever a new archive file is written for that VG.
(So backups of old VGs won't be deleted.)

Default keeps backups for at least 30 days and won't delete any unless
that leaves at least 10 backups of that VG.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com