Re: [linux-lvm] Boot Mgr support for '/boot' on LVM2 volumes ?

On 3/7/06, Luca Berra <bluca comedia it> wrote:

> Christophe Saout made some patches to lilo to be able to boot from a
> lvm2 /boot (http://www.saout.de/misc/), this patch has been adopted into
> major distributions.

Cool, I didnt know that.

> this is correct, the lv for /boot is to be linear and contiguus, it is
> user responsability to ensure this.

UUhhmm...Ok, now im confused. If 'the user' still has to make sure
that /boot is linear and contiguous, then :
1.) Exactly, what, does the patch *do* then ?
2.) How does 'the user' (me, in this case) ensure this ?

Sincerely,

John Smith.