Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 on a USB-disk/ same VG name

Hello Heinz,

> vgrename the active one and adjust /etc/fstab appropriately.
> 'vgscan;vgchange -ay' should gain you access to the USB one then.

After deactivation I could change the name, but after the reboot the
dm-mapper was still looking for the old volume group 'system'. I tried to
boot the rescue system, maybe the inittab needed a refresh - but that did
not work.
unfortunately Suse's system repair cant deal with LVM, so my best idea was
to  change everything back.

Cheers
Axel