[linux-lvm] pvmove didn't work - now system won't boot

Chad Rebuck chadrebuck at gmail.com
Thu Mar 9 17:36:48 UTC 2006

Thanks

Seems like some commands like the --ignorelockingfailure and some don't

pvscan shows /dev/hdc2 as [2g / 2g free]

and it my other drive now has 2g less free space so do I assume the
transfer of data worked correctly?

Now I need to run vgreduce I suppose to remove that drive from the
group.  However, the ignorelockingfailure option doesn't work.  Do I
just boot from a recovery cd and delete the lock file in /var/log/lvm
to proceed?

Chad