[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]

Re: [linux-lvm] Disk space reporting inconsistencies



Repling to my own mail here but its on subject.

Just added a new drive to the machine, added it to the volume group, moved
everything from /dev/hde1 to /dev/hda, removed hde1 from the VG and
removed in physicaly from the machine.

Great everything went fine, only the new drive is 60gigs so in moving its
only used 40gigs.  Not a problem I thought, I'll just extend the logical
volume, so I did lvextend and extended it by 20gigs.

This seemed to work as well..

  PV /dev/sda2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [68.38 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/sdb    VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [68.50 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/hdc2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [37.12 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/hdb1   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [37.22 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/hdd1   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [37.22 GB / 0    free]
  PV /dev/hda    VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [57.25 GB / 0    free]
  Total: 6 [305.69 GB] / in use: 6 [305.69 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]

but df -h says...

Filesystem            Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
                      265G  248G  6.8G  98% /
/dev/sda1              99M   73M   22M  78% /boot
/dev/shm              252M     0  252M   0% /dev/shm

I thought I'd need to extend the file system so i did ext2online
/dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 but its says...

ext2online v1.1.18 - 2001/03/18 for EXT2FS 0.5b
ext2online: ext2_ioctl: No space left on device

ext2online: unable to resize /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00


Any ideas? I'm plain out.

Cheers,
Chris

On Thu, January 19, 2006 7:55 am, Chris bolton wrote:
> nevermind got it sussed, lvm is using 10^9 for a gigabyte while df is
> using 1024^3
>
> well it would appear that way anyway.
>> Hi,
>>
>>
>> just added a new PV to my VG but to me there seems to be an
>> inconsistency between what lvm says is the disk space and what df says.
>>
>>
>> pvscan PV /dev/sda2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [68.38 GB / 0    free]
>> PV /dev/sdb    VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [68.50 GB / 0    free]
>> PV /dev/hdc2   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [37.12 GB / 0    free]
>> PV /dev/hdb1   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [37.22 GB / 0    free]
>> PV /dev/hdd1   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [37.22 GB / 0    free]
>> PV /dev/hde1   VG VolGroup00   lvm2 [37.25 GB / 0    free]
>> Total: 6 [285.69 GB] / in use: 6 [285.69 GB] / in no VG: 0 [0   ]
>>
>>
>> df -h /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00   265G  227G   28G  90% /
>>
>>
>> I tried resizing the filesystem but it just says this..
>>
>>
>> ext2online  /dev/VolGroup00/LogVol00 ext2online v1.1.18 - 2001/03/18 for
>> EXT2FS 0.5b
>> ext2online: ext2_ioctl: No space left on device
>>
>>
>> ext2online: unable to resize /dev/mapper/VolGroup00-LogVol00
>>
>>
>> Am I missing something obvious here? or have I ballsed it up along the
>> way?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Chris.
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> linux-lvm mailing list linux-lvm redhat com
>> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-lvm
>> read the LVM HOW-TO at http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/
>
> _______________________________________________
> linux-lvm mailing list linux-lvm redhat com
> https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/linux-lvm
> read the LVM HOW-TO at http://tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/
>



[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]