[linux-lvm] Patch to increase the valid stripe sizes for a striped volume

AJ Lewis aj at terrascale.net
Fri Mar 10 23:21:39 UTC 2006

Hey all,

The following patch increases the maximum stripe size that an LV can
have from 512k to 128MB.  Would it be possible to apply this to the
tree (or something like this)?

128MB is fairly arbitrary, but for the application I'm using this
for, I'd like to be able to have the stripe size at least that big.
If there is a reason we can't have the stripe size that large, it
would be helpful to know why - it doesn't appear to be a device-
mapper limitation - at least not an obvious one.

Thanks,
AJ Lewis