[linux-lvm] I/O error

Nate Carlson natecars at natecarlson.com
Mon Mar 13 15:57:27 UTC 2006

On Mon, 13 Mar 2006, German Staltari wrote:
> The Storage Admin told me that there are two path to the same storage
> (disk). I would like to know if this is an error to be worried about or
> is just info? And if there's a way to avoid this output. Also, when a I
> run 'dmesg', I have this output (if I clear with 'dmesg -c', it will
> appear again in the next minutes):

You might want to download QLogic's drivers for the card, and build them
with multipath support.. then you'll only see the drives once, and it
should hopefully clear out these errors for you.

(The multipath driver used to be included in the qlogic drivers in the
kernel, but were removed for some reason I Don't recall..)