Re: [linux-lvm] online resize

On Wed, Mar 15, 2006, Michael Schulz wrote:

> can please anybody tell me where I can found
> an aktual informaiton about LVM2 and the filesystems
> which are currently support online resizing?

I use reiserfs for quite a number of years now and it seems to work
fine. You can resize the volume when it is mounted, although I prefer
unmounting it first if that is possible. It also shrinks, I believe even
online, but I don't do shrinking very often. (I have done, but
filesystems tend to grow rather than shrink.)

mkreiserfs
resize_reiserfs

Regards,

Gunther