[linux-lvm] migration to hardware raid

I run 3 VGs of 1-3TB each and I'm about to migrate them to a hardware raid (3ware). Using individual disks, expanding my VGs was easy. Using
hardware raid, it get a single huge PV instead, that simply grows, if
I ever extend the underlaying raid. From the previous discussions it seems, "pvresize" is still beta, but will be available soon.

Alternatively I may think of creating partitions on this raid-PV. Thus I will get additional PVs (partitions) when growing my raid. But I dislike to depend on this stone-aged DOS-partitioning system (if it is capable to handle 4-10Tb disks at all). Should I consider other partition systems?

After the decision to use or not to use partitioning, it will be difficult to change it on later.

Any advice?

BTW:
I'm using an PE-size of 32MB (and lvm2 of course). Does this limit my max VG size? I already find one of my VGs with a "total PE 0 = 71538", thus it seems not to be limited to 65536, as with LVM1, any more.

Dieter.