[linux-lvm] LVM2 with disks greater than 2TB

I have 24 - 500GB drives raided such that 11 drives + 1 hot spare per raid to get 4.54TB times 2. I want to use LVM2 to make this into one ~9TB disk, but when I create the partitions and do a df -h they show up as about 560GB each instead of 4.5TB each. I do an fdisk -l and they show up correctly. I am using Slackware 10.0. I have device-mapper and LVM2 correctly installed. I am obviously hitting a 2TB limit from what I have read, but does anyone know if it is possible to even do what I want? If so, any suggestions on what I need to install to get this to work? I am running the 2.6.15.4 kernel. Thanks