[linux-lvm] LVM2 with disks greater than 2TB

Dan lvm at the-rusty-nail.com
Mon Mar 27 22:56:29 UTC 2006

I have 24 - 500GB drives raided such that 11 drives + 1 hot spare per
raid to get 4.54TB times 2.  I want to use LVM2 to make this into one
~9TB disk, but when I create the partitions and do a df -h they show up
as about 560GB each instead of 4.5TB each.  I do an fdisk -l and they
show up correctly.  I am using Slackware 10.0.  I have device-mapper and
LVM2 correctly installed.  I am obviously hitting a 2TB limit from what
I have read, but does anyone know if it is possible to even do what I
want?  If so, any suggestions on what I need to install to get this to
work?  I am running the 2.6.15.4 kernel.  Thanks