[linux-lvm] Accessing volume group on single drive of failed raid 1?

Kevin Mescher kevin.mescher at gmail.com
Wed Mar 29 16:38:07 UTC 2006

Is there a way to access/start up a volume group from a
single drive of a failed raid 1?

I had a drive fail on my raid 1 array, and I didn't want to
have to bring up a md device to be able to access the
volume group information.  Is there any way to access the
individual drives in the array without having to bring it
up?

I know that on a Solaris system, you can access any single
drive in a mirror independently, if the mirror is
misbehaving.

Any help would be appreciated.