Re: [linux-lvm] Two Plorilant servers (Redhat) trying to access a HP MSA1000

On Thu, May 04, 2006 at 01:50:06PM -0500, Edgar Luna wrote:
I have two servers with RedHat EL3 connected to an HP MSA1000. What I
want with this servers write/read the disks from the MSA1000.

I know that LVM is unaware of simultaneous access to one device, so I
tried to divide the storage of MSA1000 in two units (created via the ACU
application), that are seen by the RedHat servers as /dev/sda
and /dev/sdb. Then I created a Physical Volume for each one a Logical
Group and finally a Logical Volume for each of this.

could you clarify what your problem is?

I want an advice about this.
What would you do in my situation?
This works? I mean with this I can workaround the LVM 'problem' of
unaware of simultaneous access?

could you clarify what your problem is?

Is possible to access the Hard Drives in the MSA1000 directly from Linux
so I can make the LVM directly on disks?
no, you cannot, besides that, why did you buy an intellignet storage if
you only wanted a disk shelf?

--
Luca Berra -- bluca comedia it
       Communication Media & Services S.r.l.