Re: [linux-lvm] LVM2 tools<-->library<-->driver compatibility

On Tue, May 16, 2006 at 01:46:59PM -0500, Joe Harvell wrote:
> How can I determine which combinations should be compatible?  What
> version of the tools/library do I need to downgrade to in my installed
> environment?

Don't downgrade userspace tools - upgrade them.  Best to use the same versions
of userspace packages in both environments.  But avoid snapshots.
(You'd need old packages on 2.4 to use them, and they're buggy anyway.)

The 2.4 kernel patches haven't been updated for some time and contain some
bugs that already got fixed in the 2.6 tree.

Alasdair
--
agk redhat com