[linux-lvm] Problem doing basic LVM functions

tkb9 at adelphia.net tkb9 at adelphia.net
Wed May 17 14:19:16 UTC 2006

---- Ricardo Sanchez <sanchez.ricardo at gmail.com> wrote:
> I created a basic volume group named "uservg" and added two PVs to it
> successfully.
>
> After doing this, I deleted the partitions to the disks...
> Every time I try to do a vgscan or vgremove it gives the following output:
>
> nbd0: Attempted send on closed socket
> end_request: I/O Error, dev nbd0, sector 0
> printk: 7 messages suppressed.
> Buffer  I/O Error on device nbd0, logical block 0
> Buffer  I/O Error on device nbd0, logical block 1
> Buffer  I/O Error on device nbd0, logical block 2
> nbd0: Attempted send on closed socket
> /dev/nb0: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
>  /dev/nb0: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 2199022141440: Input/output error
>   /dev/nb0: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 0: Input/output error
>   /dev/nb1: read failed after 0 of 4096 at 2199022141440: Input/output error

Are you trying to use nbd nodes in LVM?

I had the same problem using nbd & LVM. I first had to destroy & recreate the nbd nodes.  I put each nbd node into a single disk md, & used the md nodes in my pv & vg.

Been working fine that way for several months now, although running locate to find a file would crash the system, so I removed the slocate rpm.

-Toby