[linux-lvm] Forgot to export my volume group...

I forgot to run export on my volume group before disconnecting it from my system. Is there any way to mount the volume group without access to the original machine?

If I could get the machine back up, but without this volume group attached, is there any way to get the metadata I need from some system files somewhere on the drive? Or do I have to physically bring the volume group to the machine (not possible)?

Thanks,
Jared